Oklahoma City OK Jan 7 2011 Police accuse an Oklahoma City man of breaking into a pharmacy and stealing hundreds of pills.
Thomas Ramon Massey, 41. Photo provided by the Oklahoma County jail Provided
Man arrested in burglary of Oklahoma City pharmacy Thomas Ramon Massey, 41, was arrested Dec. 31 on a burglary complaint in the theft at Jim’s Tower Pharmacy, 1044 SW 44, according to a police report released today. He was later released on bail and has not been charged.
A security guard monitoring surveillance cameras at the pharmacy noticed a white man smash a window and enter the building about 11:50 p.m., an officer wrote in the report. He called police, and officers saw a silver sport utility vehicle drive over a curb and through a grassy area and spin out near the building as they approached the pharmacy.
Police pulled over the driver, and he was shaking and appeared to be nervous, according to the report. The driver had fresh cuts on his hand and nose. He told officers he got the cuts in a fight with his wife.
Officers found a prescription bottle in someone else’s name in his pockets after he consented to a pat-down search, according to the report. The label on the bottle was for Jim’s Tower Pharmacy. Officers found other bottles and pills on Massey and in his SUV.
The stolen pills included narcotics, painkillers, antibiotics and muscle relaxers and pills used to treat anxiety, intestinal problems, high cholesterol, seizures, depression and ulcers, according to National Institutes of Health descriptions of the drugs.
Luis Diaz was working as a security guard at a bar along Northwest 22nd Avenue and 21st Street in Miami in March, when witnesses said, accused killer Jonathan Labrada shot him to death.
The hunt is on for Labrada and now, a billboard is assisting in the search. The billboard can be seen with Labrada’s picture along State Road 112 and Northwest 27th Avenue.
Diaz’s family is pleading for the public’s help in finding Labrada. Diaz’s mother said her son was a good father who worked hard to take care of his two kids and the rest of his family.
Police believe Labrada is still in the area. “Give us that phone call. Look around the community. We place these billboards within a 3 to 5 mile radius of where the crime occurred,” said Miami Police Maj. George Martin. “This individual is local. We’re asking to give us that phone call and help bring him to justice.”
Labrada is charged with first degree murder. He also has an outstanding warrant for battery on a law enforcement officer.
Labrada is described as standing about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing about 180 pounds.
If you have any information on Labrada’s whereabouts, call America’s Most Wanted at 1-800-CRIME-TV or Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.
The deceased person, who was reported to have a gun in his hand, was found by a security guard in the area of a building on the 14000 block of Danielson Street around 4 a.m., according to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Lt. Jim Walker.
An employee in the building, who did not want to release her name, said she has always felt safe working in the area for the past five years.
“It’s open for work 24/7,” she said. “I hope it’s nobody we know.
San Diego County’s Medical Examiner’s office declined comment when asked if the death could have been a suicide.
The Arcata Police Department announced Wednesday that its detectives arrested 28-year-old Meghan Alison Stewart Tuesday in Willits, booking her into the Humboldt County jail on suspicion of committing lewd or lascivious acts with a child and the continued sexual abuse of a child.
Arcata Police Chief Tom Chapman said the investigation began Dec. 30, when his department received a report from an adult woman who claimed she had been sexually molested by Stewart as a child, while Stewart coached her McKinleyville soccer team.
”It just kind of came to a point in time in (the alleged victim’s) life when she felt like she could come forward with the information,” Chapman said, adding that he doesn’t know of any event that triggered the alleged victim’s contacting his department.
The alleged molestation began when the woman was 12 years old, and continued for two years.
”We are still in the process of trying to determine how many separate instances or events happened,” Chapman said. “I think it’s safe to say there were between 50 and 100, but we are still trying to investigate that and get as specific as we can for the purpose of prosecution.”
According to a press release, the alleged instances of molestation took place in Stewart’s Arcata residence. Stewart attend Humboldt State University and served as goalkeeper on its women’s soccer team in 2001 and 2002, according to Times-Standard archives and HSU’s Humboldt Women’s Soccer Record Book.
Stewart currently lives in Willits, and has been employed as a physical education teacher at Baechtel Grove Middle School there since August. Chapman said there is currently no evidence or indication of any additional victims in the case.
Reached Wednesday, Willits Unified School District Superintendent Debra Kubin said she couldn’t comment on Stewart’s employment status but said she and the district are cooperating fully with the investigation. Further, Kubin said the district distributed a letter — both by mail and with students — Wednesday advising parents of the situation and noting the alleged misconduct did not involve any district students. The letter also advises parents that teachers have spoken to their students, encouraging them to talk to parents or school staff if they have any questions or concerns about their safety.
”We are definitely being very proactive with communication,” Kubin said.
According to the Humboldt County District Attorney’s Office, a charging decision has yet to be made in the case, but Stewart is scheduled to be arraigned today.
Anyone with information regarding the case is asked to call APD at 822-2428.
Source:Contra Costa Times
Federal prosecutors say 51-year-old Albert Bront pleaded guilty Wednesday in Los Angeles to filing false tax returns for himself and two innocent relatives. The false tax form claims included bogus alimony and mortgage deductions.
The former Santa Clarita resident told a federal judge that he filed fraudulent tax returns for himself from 2003 to 2007 by claiming excessive deductions and failing to report income. He also acknowledged filing fraudulent returns on behalf of two unknowing relatives.
Bront has been on unpaid leave from the IRS since he was charged in 2009. His sentencing is set for April 13.
Las Vegas NV Jan 7 2011– North Las Vegas Police confirmed that there was a shooting in the parking lot of the Fiesta Casino on North Rancho Wednesday evening around 5:45 pm.
A security guard was responding to a road rage incident when the driver attempted to grab the guard’s firearm. During the struggle the gun went off, and the man was shot in the hand.
He was transported to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The man involved in this shooting has been identified as 39-year-old Herbert Van Harris of North Las Vegas.
Harris was treated and released at UMC for a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the hand.
He faces several charges including robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, and discharging a gun in a public place.
CHARLOTTE, NC January 7 2011 Charlotte police said that a man who was trespassing at a local hospital struck the security officer in the face after the officer asked him to leave the property.
The incident happened at Presbyterian Hospital located on Hawthorne Lane neat downtown Charlotte and police do have the man in custody.
According to the police report, the suspect entered the hospital Thursday night for no apparent reason and was confronted by a hospital security officer.
When the officer attempted to get the man to leave, the suspect attacked the officer and struck him in the face.
The suspect, whose name is not on the police report, was taken into custody and has been charged with simple assault.
The security sustained minor injuries and was treated at the hospital.
Officers arrived when Montoya was leaving the building and when she was ordered to stop, she refused, according to the report. After a short struggle, the woman was detained. Officers found some women’s fragrances in the purse.
PHILADELPHIA PA Jan 7 2011— Police say a 64-year-old man was stabbed in an underground complex in downtown Philadelphia while waiting for his wife to get her hair done.
It happened in a public restroom near the Gallery mall around 11 a.m. Thursday.
Witnesses say the suspect – whose name hasn’t been released – tried to flee, but was caught by a security guard. The security officer subdued and detained the man until police arrived and took the suspect into custody.
Investigators say the assailant approached the victim in a restroom, and stabbed him in the chest and face. The victim stumbled back to the hair salon, where he collapsed.
Workers at the Hair Express salon identified the victim as 64-year-old Ben Davis, and said he sits in the concourse every week waiting for his wife to get her hair done.
He remains in critical condition at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
A fan who was struck from behind by another fan is suing the security for Qualcomm Stadium for not protecting him.
Jason Brown was at a game on October 3, when Brown asked a security guard for Elite Security to tell a man in front of him to move as he was blocking the game, report NBC San Diego. The man responded by telling Brown he was going to kill him.
“I was in shock,” said Brown.
The security guard told the man to leave and escorted him out, but allegedly didn’t escort him out all the way, and the man returned and hit Brown in the back of the head causing his blindness.
“I’m focusing on the game. I’m watching the game and I feel a sharp blow to the back of my head, like it was a thud,” said Brown during testimony.
The man that assaulted Brown ran away and has never been caught.
Brown said that doctors did say there is a good chance he will get his vision back, but they don’t know how long that will be.
Bryant, 22, was booked into the Richland Correctional Institution July 28 and is slated to be released March 14, 2014, according to the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction.
He pleaded guilty to charges of involuntary manslaughter, assault and escape and was sentenced by the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court after Patton’s death.
On March 13, a Cleveland Heights detective who was working as a security guard at Marc’s on Coventry Road asked Bryant to leave the store after female employees complained Bryant was harassing them, according to the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office at the time of sentencing.
As Bryant was leaving the store, he threatened the employees and spit in the detective’s face. He also ignored the detective’s order to stop and that he was under arrest, prosecutors said.
Other police units were called to the scene and Bryant led them on a foot chase, during which he tried to discard some of his clothing in an attempt to elude police.
During the foot pursuit, officer Patton went into cardiac arrest and died. The coroner’s office ruled the death a homicide at work.
Bryant hid in a garage and was eventually apprehended by police.
SPANISH FORT, Alabama Jan 7 2011— In response to the growing number of false alarms, the City Council this week approved a measure aimed at curbing fire and security alarm calls through fines or even jail time.
By a vote of 5-0, the council adopted an ordinance governing false alarms. Councilman Joe Thomas was absent from Monday’s meeting.
An alarm system user will be allowed two false alarms per calendar year, with officials issuing warning citations for the infractions. The third and subsequent false alarms within that same year will result in a municipal offense ticket. If found guilty, the user would face a fine of $50 to $500 and/or six months in jail.
Users with newly installed or substantially modified systems will get a 30-day grace period before being subject to the measure, according to city leaders.
The ordinance also includes a number of exemptions, including alarms set off by flooding, lightning, an earthquake causing damage to the structure, verifiable telephone line malfunctions or a mistaken belief that an emergency truly exists. A false alarm will not be held against system users if they notify authorities before police or fire units are dispatched, according to the measure.
Car alarms are not covered by the ordinance, officials said.
Spanish Fort Volunteer Fire Chief Roger Few said he appreciated city leaders’ efforts to pass the ordinance.
“We were concerned with the number of false alarms we were responding to,” Few said Wednesday. “We brought it to the City Council and asked for relief.”
Of the Fire Department’s 470 calls last year, 113 were verified false alarms, he said. Another 64 were canceled before units arrived on the scene and were considered to be false alarms, he said. By those figures, 37 percent of the department’s calls last year were false alarms, Few said.
“We were running about 20 false alarms a month,” he said.
With so many false alarms, Few said he worried about what he called “the boy who cried wolf syndrome.” He said he was concerned that firefighters responding to repeated false alarms at a building and that building’s occupants might begin to not take the alarms seriously, which could lead to tragedy if a real emergency then happened.
The intent of the ordinance is not to punish anyone but to encourage proper use and maintenance of systems so that they can reliably alert officials to real emergencies, according to Few.
Police Chief David Edgar said the ordinance will be a beneficial tool.
When officers respond to alarms, rarely is there a crime in progress, Edgar said Wednesday. Typically, the alarms are set off inadvertently by an animal in the house or someone using an incorrect security code, he said. And while these false alarms haven’t been a major problem for the Police Department, they take officers away from other duties when they have to go and investigate the alarm, Edgar said.
Theodore Knox Jr. was charged with two counts of misdemeanor sexual misconduct Thursday. The charges stem from several incidents reported last summer by a neighbor at the Cornerstone Apartments near 39th Street Jackson Avenue in Independence.
Knox was arrested Wednesday at Crown Center in Kansas City, Mo. He told police he worked there as an armed security guard and supervisor.
It was July when Knox’s neighbor called police. She said she’d seen Knox on numerous occasions committing lewd acts by a window or glass door with the blinds wide open, sometimes making direct eye contact.
The apartment management showed police a record of three complaints, from different residents.
“I called him and asked him to please close his blinds,” the employee’s typed notes indicated, “which he stated he just did. I can’t believe I’m writing this.”
Independence police knew Knox as a former officer and remembered a similar problem before his departure. When they dug deeper, the trail led even further back.
In 2000, police said his girlfriend’s sister in Blue Springs got a string of obscene calls, despite numerous changed phone numbers, calls that ended when the relationship did.
A woman who lived next door to Knox in Blue Springs from 2006-2008 told police she, too was plagued by obscene calls and though she never could track them, she said she saw similar acts in front of open windows at Knox’s home.
In 2008, a fellow officer’s complaint launched an internal investigation, due to obscene calls that were connected to Knox by phone records. Knox quit the police job while that investigation was underway.
The officer’s complaint was the only previous one reported to police at the time. That officer told police she did not want to pursue criminal charges because it appeared the administration had handled the calls.
Albert Rodriguez, 59, was beaten to death with tree limbs and a board while he was making his rounds at a central Fresno apartment complex in 2009.
Rodriguez had found Tony Sayachack, 23, and four teenagers drinking beer inside a vacant unit.
He told them to get out.
All five admitted attacking Rodriguez, who was not armed and not in uniform.
They faced murder charges and possible life in prison when they pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter.
A judge sent them to prison for 11 years.